Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Day of 2nd grade


First Day of 2nd grade!!


Well, today was MaKayla's first day of 2nd grade.  As I was making breakfast this morning and preparing to wake her up to get ready, I began to wonder...  Where has the time gone?  It seems like just yesterday that she was placed in my arms for the very first time.  It seems like just yesterday she started daycare.  And, it seems like just yesterday that I walked her down the hall to her very first day of Kindergarden (we had meltdowns for 2 solid weeks when she first started school).  All of this thinking made me very sad.  Somewhere along the way, my blonde pig-tailed baby was replaced with a beautiful and sassy little girl.  
  MaKayla was very excited about school.  We drove up to the school and I looked over at her to see her shaking.  We entered the building and found her name under the teacher she was assigned to.  We began to make our way to the 2nd grade building.  The closer we got, the more she was shaking.  By the time we were standing outside of her classroom, there were huge tears welling up in her eyes and she sounded as if she was about to hyperventalate, from trying to hold in the tears.  I knelt down beside her and felt my heart breaking.  She was trying so hard to be brave.  I reminded her of Queen Esther (her favorite Bible charactor) and reminded her how brave Esther was.  I told her to be brave like Esther and that God was going to take care of her today, like He had so many times before.  With that, she nodded and did her very best to suck in the tears.
  We walked into the classroom and met her teacher.  I hugged and kissed my 2nd grader and assured her that I would be waiting on her as soon as school let out.  With a smile, I turned and walked out of the door- knowing that she was trying to be brave....  I, on the otherhand, cried all the way to the car!  :)
   Currently, its 45 minutes until I am able to pick my girl up!  I can't wait to hear the details of her day!
  I'll keep y'all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment